P304 – FUNDAMENTALS OF RISK ASSESSMENT & CONTROL
This P304 Course is offered in Webinar format. Webinars are conducted ‘live’ using the Zoom platform.
Payment is not required at checkout as Invoices will be sent approx 5-6 weeks before the course.
P304 Fundamentals of Risk Assessment and Control is delivered over 3 consecutive days with approximately 24 hours of study time.
- 18 hours of teaching time (including formative practical assessment)
- 6 hours of independent study (including pre-reading and evening study)
This qualification is categorised as level 4 in the BOHS qualifications framework.
There are no prior rqualification or knowledge requirements for Delegates to attend this course.
P304 – Fundamentals of Risk Assessment & Control course provides the necessary knowledge to conduct risk assessments in accordance with the COSHH Regulations. It teaches participants how to identify hazardous substances in the work place, and how to control them effectively, to prevent or reduce risks of occupational ill-health.
The link between identifying the risks (Reg 6) and strategies for Controlling the Risks (Reg 7) is considered and explained in some detail.
In summary P304 aims to provide practical guidance on assessing the health risks caused by hazardous substances and meet the requirements of the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Regulations 2002 for a ‘suitable and sufficient’ risk assessment.
WHO IS IT FOR?
P304 is ideal for anyone with responsibilities for worker health protection. This includes:
- Occupational hygienists (in training)
- Occupational Health Practitioners (Nurses/Physicians etc)
- LEV Practitioners
- Health and Safety practitioners
- All Managers and other duty-holders under COSHH
- Introduction to hazard and risk
- Legal aspects
- Fundamental principles of risk assessments
- Making a risk assessment
- Workplace controls
There are two assessments:
- A Formative practical assessment involving two Case Studies (completed on Day 2)
- Written Exam of 30 short-form questions in 90 minutes
- Written Exam is Open Book and 50% is required to pass
£985 (+ £135* exam fee) +VAT per delegate
* Exam Fees reviewed by BOHS Jan each year
SUCCESS with OXYL8
We work very hard with all our students to ensure they gain significant knowledge from the course … and secure a pass ….. first time. Our Delegates will also receive comprehensive course support materials, handouts, pre-course guides etc.
Our pass rates are excellent!
Following on from the course additional Mentoring support is available from our Tutors on a one-to-one basis via Zoom. Delegates can choose and book a date and time online which is convenient to both themselves and the Tutor.