LEV Skills Update and Maintenance
1-day Webinar-based LEV Skills Update and Maintenance MasterClass focusing ensuring continuation of competence in LEV Examining, Testing (TExT) and Commissioning.
Is the OXY101 MasterClass for You?
Ideally suited to LEV specialists who, having previously completed the BOHS P601 LEV course and who would like to ensure that they are up to date with current professional practice standards for undertaking competent LEV TExT and Commissioning projects.
Enforcing authorities (HSE etc) look to LEV practitioners to demonstrate how they actively maintain (and improve) their specialist skills/knowledge within LEV; ie that they remain ‘Competent’. MasterClass events can assist practitioners in this by providing:-
- A Knowledge Refresh/Update on CoSHH TExT Requirements (Reg 9 etc)
- Update on Expectations for LEV Best Practice
- Review Latest HSE Sector/Topic Activities and Actions
- Updates on Guidance and Codes (WELs, Topic Guides etc)
- Technical Updates and Discussions
- Professional Development/Mentoring
- Questions & Answers Surgery/Forum
The MasterClass provides 7 hours of relevant contact time towards Continuing Professional Development (CPD). An OXYL8 Course Certificate is awarded at the conclusion of the event.
Although not a requirement, this course is focussed on skills and knowledge refresh/maintenance for participants who will have previously completed the BOHS P601 LEV Examination and Testing course (or equivalent).
It may also be valuable for those who manage LEV (Testing, Design, Maintenance etc) within their workplace.
The day’s outline will include the following as well as topical issues of importance to LEV TExT:-
- Review of recent HSE initiatives and activity
- CoSHH Reg 9 – ACOP paras 186 and 189 (What is required at TExT?)
- Occupational Hygiene in TExT
- DSEAR in TExT
- Welding Fume & Woodworking
- Recirculating Filters
- TExT and On-Tool Extraction
- Captor Hoods (Fletcher and App)
- Personal Development (CoC etc)
- Q&A Forum
Bill Cassells BSc MPhil DSH CEng CMIOSH FIPlantE FSOE FRSPH RSP
£495 + VAT / delegate