P604 – PERFORMANCE EVALUATION & MANAGEMENT OF LEV SYSTEMS
The P604 LEV Course is an advanced proficiency LEV Training module. It is offered in both Webinar and Face-to-Face formats. For some dates parallel courses are being run in both formats.
Webinars are conducted ‘live’ using the Zoom platform while face-to-face courses are normally held at the Hilton Hotel. Leicester.
When booking do make sure that you select the most suitable option for your delegates.
Payment is not required at checkout as Invoices will be sent approx 5-6 weeks before the course.
P604 builds upon the existing knowledge and expertise acquired by delegates who have previously completed the P601 LEV Training course module.
The Tutors on this highly inter-active course are Bill Cassells, Hazel Griffiths and Dan Colledge.
This is a 4-day LEV training course that includes some self-study elements (in evenings). The single (open book) Exam, which is taken on-line for webinars, consists of a mix of 35 short answer Theory and Practical questions.
BOHS requires delegates attending P604 to have completed P601 (or at a minimum – have passed both P601 LEV course exams and have made their Reports submissions).
Delegates should also possess a good working knowledge of HSE’s Guidance on LEV, HSG258 and must be competent in basic maths/algebra (areas, square roots etc.)
No other specialist knowledge is required.
IS THE P604 TRAINING COURSE FOR YOU?
P604 is ideal for LEV topic specialists, Health and Safety or Occupational Hygiene professionals, Managers, Supervisors and Building Services engineers and technical staff who have day to day dealings with the specification, design, testing, contract management, and occupational hygiene aspects of LEV plant.
Upon successfully completing the P604 LEV Course delegates may then complete the remaining ‘P’ series courses which will contribute towards gaining a Certificate of Operational Competence in Control. This carries the privilege of being able to use the post-nominal letters ‘CoC (Control)’
The award of CoC(Control) together with gaining the M200 qualification may then allow the delegate to be awarded LFOH(S) – Licentiate of the Faculty of Occupational Hygiene and also permit entry into the Professional Standards Register for “Occupational Hygienists and other Specialists”. See BOHS and our OXYL8 CoC/PSR Newsletter for further details.
NOTE: P604 has been graded at NQS Level 5
P604 COURSE PROGRAMME
- Hazardous substances and processes
- Case studies
- Workplace control principles
- Hierarchy of control
- Ways of achieving effective control
- Main elements of ventilation systems
- Basic design principles of LEV systems and their components
- Fletcher’s Equations for predicting airflows/velocity contours
- General ventilation systems.
- Ventilation systems and their performance evaluation
- LEV Testing criteria and procedures (quantitative and qualitative)
- Performance evaluation
- Recognition of LEV failures and effects
- Measurement techniques and instrumentation
- Assessment of control
- Evaluation of LEV system measurements
- Requirements for exposure monitoring (identification of need and methodologies)
- Developing an LEV management system
- Discussion on content of LEV manuals and logbooks
- Commissioning documentation
- User training
- Consideration of content and layout for reports submissions
- Exam – 35 short answer questions (2.5 hours)
£1450 plus Exam fee £200* (+VAT) per delegate
* Exam Fees reviewed by BOHS Jan each year
SUCCESS with OXYL8
We work very hard with all our students to ensure they gain significant knowledge from the course … and secure a pass ….. first time. Our Delegates will also receive comprehensive course support materials, handouts, pre-course guides etc.
Our pass rates are excellent!
Following on from the course additional Mentoring support is available from our Tutors on a one-to-one basis via Zoom. Delegates can choose and book a date and time online which is convenient to both themselves and the Tutor.