P604 LEV Course is an advanced proficiency LEV Training module. Presented as a Webinar/On-Line event it builds on the existing knowledge and expertise gained by delegates who will have previously completed the P601 LEV Training course module.
The tutors on this highly inter-active course are Bill Cassells and Hazel Griffiths. Those who have attended the OXYL8 P601, P602 etc LEV courses will know that Bill & Hazel bring a fresh, lively approach to the subject together. They both have extensive knowledge of all things LEV — and their delivery is well-known for being enthusiastic, non-stuffy and entertaining.
The P604 LEV course is particularly suited to LEV topic specialists, Health and Safety or Occupational Hygiene professionals, Managers, Supervisors and Building Services engineers (who have completed P601).
This is a 4-day LEV training course with self study elements (in evenings). The single (open book) Exam, which is taken on-line, consists of a mix of 35 short answer Theory and Practical questions.
BOHS do require that delegates for P604 should have completed P601 (or at a minimum – have passed both P601 LEV course exams and be preparing their Reports submissions) prior to attending.
Delegates should also possess a good working knowledge of HSE’s Guidance on LEV, HSG258 and must also be competent in basic maths/algebra (areas, square roots etc.)
No other specialist knowledge is required.
Who should attend?
Engineers, supervisors, managers, health and safety professional and technical staff who have day to day dealings with the specification, design, testing, contract management, and occupational hygiene aspects of LEV plant and who have previously completed the P601 LEV course module.
Towards professional recognition?
Success in P604 can be combined with other BOHS modules e.g. P601, P602, P603 and W201 towards gaining the BOHS ‘Certificate of Competence in Control’ qualification which permits successful candidate to use the letters ‘CoC Control’ after their name. See BOHS for more details.
NOTE: P604 has been graded at NQS Level 5
Bill Cassells BSc MPhil DSH CEng CMIOSH FIPlantE FSOE FRSPH RSP
Hazel Griffiths BSc LFOH
Bill – http://www.linkedin.com/in/ bill-cassells-216a83b8
Hazel – https://www.linkedin.com/in/hazel-griffiths-862823a5/
P604 Course programme
- Hazardous substances and processes
- Case studies
- Workplace control principles
- Hierarchy of control
- Ways of achieving effective control
- Main elements of ventilation systems
- Basic design principles of LEV systems and their components
- Fletcher’s Nomogram for predicting airflows/velocity contours
- General ventilation systems.
- Ventilation systems and their performance evaluation
- LEV Testing criteria and procedures (quantitative and qualitative)
- Performance evaluation
- Recognition of LEV failures and effects
- Measurement techniques and instrumentation
- Assessment of control
- Evaluation of LEV system measurements
- Requirements for exposure monitoring (identification of need and methodologies)
- Developing an LEV management system
- Discussion on content of LEV manuals and logbooks
- Commissioning documentation
- User training
- Consideration of content and layout for reports submissions
- Exam – 35 short answer questions (2.5 hours)
£1045 plus Exam fee £170 (+VAT) per delegate