P601 – EXAMINATION AND TESTING OF LEV SYSTEMS
NOTE when BOOKING
The P601 Courses are being run both as Webinar and Face-to-Face variants – and sometimes on the same set of dates. Webinars are run ‘live’ using the Zoom platform and the face-to-face courses are run at the Hilton Hotel. Leicester.
Do make sure when booking that you select the correct ‘best option’ for your delegates.
P601 is a 4-day training LEV Examination and Testing course which covers both the theory and practice for LEV practitioners to undertake the Maintenance, Examination & Testing of LEV plant.
At the conclusion of the course delegates will be equipped with the basic knowledge of how to undertake a competent CoSHH Reg 9 “Thorough Examination and Test” (TExT) on LEV plant. The course follows very closely HSE’s Guidance on LEV – HSG258 (a copy of which is included with the course handouts).
On completion of P601 delegates will be able to:
- Evaluate basic LEV systems.
- Understand basic design elements.
- Calculate airflows, velocities, etc.
- Complete CoSHH Reg 9 Statutory Examinations (TExTs).
- Select and use the correct LEV test equipment.
- Record the results of TExTs in a suitable format.
Some knowledge of LEV plant and be competent in basic maths (eg. areas of circles, square roots, etc). No other specialist knowledge is required.
IS THE P601 TRAINING COURSE FOR YOU?
This course is ideal for engineers, supervisors, managers, health & safety professionals and technical staff who may deal with the specification, design, testing, checking or management aspects of LEV plant.
With success in the P601 LEV Course this can also contribute towards gaining a Certificate of Operational Competence in Control which carries the privilege of being able to use the post-nominal letters ‘CoC (Control)’.
Completion of the P600 series of LEV training courses and also completion of W201 or equivalent, may permit candidates to become eligible for membership of BOHS at Licentiate level (LFOH(S)). See BOHS for more details.
Bill Cassells BSc MPhil DSH CEng CMIOSH FIPlantE FSOE FRSPH RSP
Hazel Griffiths BSc CoC(Control) LFOH
Bill – http://www.linkedin.com/in/ bill-cassells-216a83b8
Hazel – https://www.linkedin.com/in/hazel-griffiths-862823a5/
P601 COURSE PROGRAMME
- Legislation, ACoPs and Guidance.
- Principles of good control.
- The role and content of an LEV TExT Assessment.
- Sources and emissions
- Introduction to hoods
- Principles of Local Exhaust Ventilation (LEV)
- LEV system components (Hoods, Ducting, Filters, Fans etc)
- LEV systems (detailed considerations)
- Dilution ventilation/make-up air systems.
- Basic LEV design standards/Aerodynamics
- LEV Measurement and Testing practices/procedures
- Instrumentation and equipment
- Performance criteria for LEV
- Record keeping
- Short formative practical assessment (face-to-face or on-line).
- Revision for Written Practical examination
- Written Practical examination (2 hrs, “open book“)
- Revision for Written Theory examination
- Written Theory examination (1 hr 45m, “closed book“)
- Webinar course exams are taken ‘online’
£1050 (+exam fee of £200) + VAT / delegate
We are confident you will find this LEV course invaluable for your work and for your professional development. And once you have completed P601 training we hope we will see you again on one of our other leading LEV courses!
From the P601 course you may wish to consider the P604 Performance Evaluation and Management of LEV Systems course, or the OXYL8 P602 LEV Training Course as your next step?