P603 PPE Course overview
This P603 CoSHH PPE training course is delivered as a webinar. It follows the BOHS P603 Course syllabus and is designed to provide the theoretical and basic practical knowledge to enable delegates to develop, organise and implement a successful CoSHH Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) programme in the workplace.
On completion of the P603 PPE training course delegates should understand the:
- Risk-based rationale for selection of CoSHH PPE
- Basis for selection and correct use of Respiratory Protective Equipment (RPE)
- Basic maintenance requirements for RPE.
- Selection and care of Gloves etc
- selection and care of Chemical Protective Clothing
- Decontamination process for PPE
For the P603 PPE course it is assumed that delegates will have some basic knowledge of chemical hazards that could be experienced in the workplace and how they could be controlled by means other than PPE. Having previously completed the BOHS LEV Training Course modules P601 or P602 would be a great help in understanding these aspects. No other specialist knowledge is however required.
Who should attend?
Engineers, Supervisors, Managers, Health and Safety professional and Technical staff who have day to day dealings with PPE and anyone who is involved in undertaking PPE risk assessments, specifying and issuing PPE and preparing PPE programmes.
Towards professional recognition?
Gain further professional recognition following completion of the P600 (eg P601, P602 and P604) series of LEV Training Courses and Qualifications through BOHS (e.g. Certificate of Operational Competence in Control) – which permits the successful candidates to use the post-nominal letters ‘CoC Control’ after their name).
They may also become eligible for the award of Licentiate of the Faculty of Occupational Hygiene (LFOH(S)). See BOHS for more details.
Bill Cassells BSc MPhil DSH CEng CMIOSH FIPlantE FSOE FRSPH RSP
Hazel Griffiths BSc CoC(Control) LFOH
Bill – http://www.linkedin.com/in/ bill-cassells-216a83b8
Hazel – https://www.linkedin.com/in/hazel-griffiths-862823a5/
P603 Course programme
- Introduction and objectives
- Legislative requirements for control (including PPE)
- Hierarchy of control
- Achieving effective control
- Respiratory protective equipment (RPE).
- Chemical protective clothing
- Gloves and dermal care
- Preparing PPE Programmes
- Case Studies
- Preparation for Exams
- Written short form answer examination (taken on-line)
£985 (+ £130 exam fee) +VAT per delegate