M200 (formerly W201) – BASIC PRINCIPLES OF OCCUPATIONAL HYGIENE
The M200 Basic Principles of Occupational Hygiene training course has been developed by BOHS to provide participants with an overview/introduction to the fundamental principles of Occupational Hygiene in the workplace.
This course is offered as a 3-day event in both Webinar and Face-to-Face formats. For some dates parallel courses may be run in both formats.
Webinars are conducted ‘live’ using the Zoom platform while face-to-face courses are normally held at the Hilton Hotel. Leicester.
Payment is not required at checkout, Invoices will be sent approx 5-6 weeks before the course.
M200 (formerly W201) is also recommended for delegates considering progressing to the award of Certificate in Operational Competence (Control); ie CoC(Control). In this case M200 may also enable the applicant to apply to BOHS for Specialist Licentiate status of the Faculty of Occupational Hygiene (LFOH(S)).
M200 COURSE CONTENT
- Introduction to occupational hygiene
- Human physiology
- Chemical hazard recognition
- Physical hazards recognition
- Biological hazards
- Hazard evaluation
- Control of hazards.
- Ionising & Non-Ionising Radiations
- Noise in the Workplace
- Heat and Cold
On successful completion of this M200 course module, delegates will have a basic understanding of the following:
- The value of occupational hygiene and the role of the occupational hygienist
- Range of hazards [physical and chemical] in the workplace
- Hazard recognition techniques
- Sources and potential routes of exposure
- Hazard evaluation, exposure assessment and the measurement processes
- Methods of controlling exposure
- The management of occupational hygiene programmes.
There are no educational pre-requisites for the M200 Basic Principles of Occupational Hygiene course. It is run as a 3-day taught course [minimum teaching hours 20] with revision/homework questions to be completed in the evenings.
The exam is an ‘open book’ examination consisting of 40 Multiple Choice Questions to be completed within 60 minutes on the last day of the course.
IS THE M200 TRAINING COURSE FOR YOU?
- LEV plant designers & LEV Examiners and testers
- Health and Safety professionals
- Occupational health specialists (including physicians and nurses).
- Specialists who want a broader appreciation of how their role interfaces with other professions over health issues in the workplace, in subjects such as
- Human factors
- Occupational psychology
- Workplace Exposure Monitoring
An M200 certificate can be combined with other BOHS modules e.g. P601 , P602 , P603 and P604 (in various combinations) to gain further professional recognition through BOHS (e.g. Certificate of Operational Competence (Control) – which permits the successful candidates to use the post-nominal letters ‘CoC Control’ after their name).
The award of CoC(Control) together with gaining the M200 qualification may then allow the delegate to be awarded LFOH(S) – Licentiate of the Faculty of Occupational Hygiene and also permit entry into the Professional Standards Register for “Occupational Hygienists and other Specialists”. See BOHS and our OXYL8 CoC/PSR Newsletter for further details.
£995 (+exam fee £160*) + VAT / delegate
* Exam Fees reviewed by BOHS Jan each year
SUCCESS with OXYL8
We work very hard with all our students to ensure they gain significant knowledge from the course … and secure a pass ….. first time. Our Delegates will also receive comprehensive course support materials, handouts, pre-course guides etc.
Our pass rates are excellent!
Following on from the course additional Mentoring support is available from our Tutors on a one-to-one basis via Zoom. Delegates can choose and book a date and time online which is convenient to both themselves and the Tutor.