P600 Methods for Testing Performance of LEV
A one-day P600 LEV course enables delegates to identify and correctly use appropriate LEV flow-visualisation and measurement techniques (LEV Test Instruments) to test the performance of Local Exhaust Ventilation (LEV) systems ….. under supervision.
The course focuses on the fundamentals of LEV systems; standard components parts, measurementand testing techniques etc.
This course provides delegates with the necessary skills and knowledge to progress their career in LEV.
In general terms – delegates will gain knowledge and experience of:-
- Basic components of local exhaust ventilation systems.
- Qualitative visualisation techniques (smoke release/’dust lamp’ etc).
- Quantitative measurement techniques (anemometers, Pitot tubes etc).
Delegates wishing to attend P600 “Methods for Testing the Performance of LEV” Webinar/On-Line training course are expected to have some basic knowledge of LEV systems.
Who should attend?
Anyone responsible for operating or maintaining LEV systems as part of their work. This includes – for example – engineers, managers, supervisors, equipment designers, service engineers, technical sales staff and LEV technicians etc.
It is a very useful and practical training course for anyone who requires a foundation level of understanding of LEV systems in order to progress to a Level 4 qualification P601 – P604 series). P600 is a Level 3 course.
The P600 qualification may also meet some of the base requirements towards membership at the Society of Operations Engineers (SOE) and the Institute of LEV Engineers (ILEVE).
Bill Cassells BSc MPhil DSH CEng CMIOSH FIPlantE FSOE FRSPH RSP
Hazel Griffiths BSc LFOH
Bill – http://www.linkedin.com/in/ bill-cassells-216a83b8
Hazel – https://www.linkedin.com/in/hazel-griffiths-862823a5/
P600 LEV Course programme
- Introduction to the basic components of local exhaust ventilation (LEV) systems (i.e. inlets, ductwork, air cleaners, air movers, ventilation hoods and discharges)
- Demonstrate the use of smoke generators and/or smoke tubes to visualise air flows in and around LEV systems
- Use of a dust lamp to visualise fine airborne dust
- Using a pitot tube/manometer combination
- How to carry out a Pitot tube traverse to determine static pressure (Sp), velocity pressure (Vp), and then calculate the velocity in a ducted ventilation system
- Principle of operation of vane and hot wire anemometers
- How and where to undertake measurements in relation to the inlets (hoods etc) of an LEV system
- Chosing the correct test equipment to use and how to use them correctly
At the end of the day there will be a short Multiple Choice Questionnaire (MCQ) examination comprising of 20 questions (time allowed 60 mins). The exam will be marked by BOHS and on satisfactory conclusion of the MCQ, BOHS will award a “P600 Course Certificate“.
£295 (+exam fee £65) + VAT / delegate
The P601 Thorough Examination & Testing of LEV Systems course is a natural follow-on from this course, as is the OXYL8 P602 LEV Design Training Course.
Success with OXYL8
We work very hard with all our students to try and ensure a pass ….. first time. To assist we have comprehensive course materials and handouts, pre-course guides and support. Our pass rate is excellent!